My Guide Website?
Umag: Olive Oil, Wine, and Local Food at a Family Farm64 Reviews
Dive into the Istrian extra virgin olive oil and wine tradition on this experience at a family farm near Umag. Savor local wines served with a charcuterie board of regional products.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Croatia:If youʻre booking your trip to Croatia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Vrsar: Dolphin Watching Boat Tour including Drinks
- Trogir: Old Town Guided Walking Tour
- Zrmanja: 5-Hour Canoe or Kayak Trip in Kaštel Žegarski
- From Split: Private Guided Day Trip to Dubrovnik & Srđ Hill
- From Rovinj: Venice Boat Trip with Day or One-Way Option
- Discover local flavors with a Istrian charcuterie board paired with wine
- Find out about different olive trees on a walk through the olive groves
- Delight your senses with a guided extra virgin olive oil tasting experience
- Get the secrets to creating extra virgin olive oil straight from the producer
- Learn tips and tricks on how to properly taste and store olive oil
DescriptionImmerse yourself in this farm-to-table gastronomic experience at a family farm near Umag. Learn about the production of premium olive oil in a region that has been declared the best olive oil region in the world by the Italian Flos Olei. Meet your host at their family property that was built in 1899. Admire views of the olive groves, vineyards, and orchards before heading down to the olive oil tasting room. Listen as your guide reveals the secrets behind the olive harvesting and oil extraction process. Discover how the process has changed over the years. Get tips on how to store olive oil properly to ensure its freshness. Taste some Olivo Istriano Premium Grand Cuvée oil. Learn how to taste and distinguish premium oil from inferior olive oil. Pair your oil with an Istrian charcuterie board of assorted cured meats and two organic cheeses from a local farm. Taste freshly prepared homemade ricotta cheese with olives. Savor fresh seasonal fruits from the garden with homemade bread. Finish your tasting with some artisan ice cream. Sip on Malvasia Istrina wine, dry Muscat Cuvee wine, Istrian Refosco red wine, olive liquor, and elderflower juice. Head out for a stroll through the olive grove to find out about various types of olive trees.
IncludesFarm tour Food and drinks
- •In the case of bad weather, it is possible to drive to the olive grown and park near the trees •This tour is pet friendly