The Ancient Village of Bakar, Croatia
A town with its feet in the sea and its head in the clouds
Written by Croatia Local Experts! Read about what's going on in Croatia and the best things to do and visit in Croatia during your stay.
Why this quaint coastal village continues to be a summer holiday hotspot
Tisno emerges as Europe's hottest summer festival destination
Podstrana is a quaint town located on the outskirts of Split, in central Dalmatia, at the foot of the beautiful rolling Perun slopes. Don’t be fooled by its size be
Stunning lakes, history, culture and summer fun
Make the most of what's on offer in this historic Dalmatian city
Vodice - One of Croatia’s top hot spots for over a decade
The many traditions, celebrations and customs of a Croatian Christmas
Think of Croatia and you think of beaches, but chic and cheerful Zagreb will make you think again
Pile your plate high with the colourful cuisine of this Croatian peninsula
Why this small Mediterranean island has become the place to see… and be seen.
1. Hike Through the Plitvice Lakes National ParkEmbark on a memorable hike through the stunning Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. With its array
1. Snowshoeing in Plitvice Lakes National ParkExplore the winter wonderland of Plitvice Lakes National Park on snowshoes, discovering its frozen lakes and enchanting wate
1. Sail the Dalmatian IslandsEmbark on a sailing adventure and discover the breathtaking beauty of the Dalmatian Islands. Cruise through crystal clear waters, visit charm
1. Discover Charming Island GetawaysCroatia is home to a myriad of picturesque islands that offer an escape from the bustling mainland. Visit Hvar, an island renowned for
1. Take a Magical Horse-Drawn Carriage RideEnjoy a romantic and nostalgic experience by taking a magical horse-drawn carriage ride through the picturesque streets of Croa
1. Hiking in Plitvice Lakes National ParkEmbark on a breathtaking adventure through the stunning Plitvice Lakes National Park. Explore the network of picturesque trails t
1. Explore Plitvice Lakes National ParkDiscover the stunning beauty of Croatia's oldest and most visited national park. Hike along the wooden walkways that wind through t
Sailing the Adriatic Sea in Croatia is a dream come true for many summer enthusiasts. With its crystal clear waters, picturesque islands, and vibrant coastal towns, this Mediterranean paradise offers an unforgettable experience for those looking to explore. From historic sites to secluded beaches, there's something for everyone to enjoy. Here is a 500-word overview followed by 20 suggested activities to make your summer blissful in Croatia's Adriatic Sea.
1. Participate in the Easter Processions in HvarExperience the religious traditions of Croatia by joining the Easter processions in Hvar. Follow the locals as they walk t
1. Scuba Diving in DubrovnikDiscover the wonders of the Adriatic Sea by embarking on a scuba diving adventure in Dubrovnik. Explore vibrant coral reefs, underwater caves,
Autumn is a magical time to explore Croatia's stunning national parks, as the changing colors of the leaves and the crisp air create a breathtaking backdrop for sightseeing. From cascading waterfalls to towering mountains, Croatia's national parks offer a diverse range of landscapes to discover. In this article, we will highlight 20 unforgettable activities to experience the beauty of Croatia's national parks during the autumn season.
Spring in Croatia is a truly magical time when the country's gardens burst into bloom with a riot of colors and fragrances. From historic botanical gardens to hidden gems tucked away in quaint villages, Croatia offers a plethora of stunning floral displays waiting to be discovered. Whether you are a budding botanist or simply looking to enjoy a leisurely stroll through nature, Croatia's blooming gardens are sure to delight all who visit.
Croatia's charming coastal towns are the perfect destination for a summer escape. With beautiful beaches, historic architecture, and delicious cuisine, these towns offer something for every traveler. From the bustling streets of Split to the peaceful coves of Hvar, Croatia's coastal towns are sure to enchant visitors. This article will provide 20 suggestions for activities to enjoy during your summer getaway in Croatia.
Croatia is a popular destination for tourists seeking sun, sea, and beautiful landscapes. However, beyond the well-known attractions lies a treasure trove of hidden gems waiting to be explored. From quaint villages nestled in the countryside to secluded beaches tucked away from the crowds, Croatia has plenty of off-the-beaten-path experiences to offer. If you're looking to escape the tourist trail and discover the authentic charm of Croatia, here are some suggestions to get you started.
Croatia, a country known for its stunning coastline, picturesque towns, and rich history, offers a multitude of cultural tours for travelers to explore its heritage. From ancient Roman ruins to medieval castles and vibrant museums, these tours provide a deep insight into Croatia's past and traditions. Discover the rich history of Croatia through cultural tours and immerse yourself in the country's fascinating heritage.
Croatia is becoming increasingly popular as a wine destination, with its diverse wine regions and unique grape varieties. Indulge in wine tasting and vineyard tours in Croatia to discover the country's rich wine history and culture. From the coastal Istrian peninsula to the inland regions of Slavonia, there are plenty of opportunities to sample world-class wines and explore picturesque vineyards.
Croatia's stunning nature parks offer a plethora of adventurous summer activities for outdoor enthusiasts. From hiking to kayaking, there is something for everyone to enjoy in these picturesque destinations. If you're looking to experience the natural beauty of Croatia in a unique and thrilling way, consider booking an activity in one of the country's nature parks.
Discover the breathtaking beauty of Krka National Park on an 8-hour scenic tour from Split. Swim in crystal clear waters, and see the 1st hydroelectric power station in Europe. Take a cruise down the Krka River and marvel at the Skradinski Buk waterfalls.
Experience the beauty of Medulin and the Premantura peninsula from a marine perspective on an unforgettable boat trip. Discover Cape Kamenjak, explore an underwater cave, enjoy a fish picnic, and swim and snorkel in the Adriatic Sea.
No need to worry if your plans change with free cancellation options available
All of our providers offer 24/7 support
Add your recommended places to visit by browsing the website and pressing the icon.
Create your own guide of favourite 'must see' places
Earn your Local Expert badge by Sharing your guides with others
Get your guide seen by submitting it to the Mini Guides section
My Guide Croatia is part of the global My Guide Network of Online & Mobile travel guides.