My Guide Website?
From Slunj: Plitvice and Mreznica Waterfalls Kayaking54 Reviews
Discover the Plitvice Lakes National Park and swim in the Mreznica River, kayak over waterfalls, and visit a small canyon only reachable by boat on this adventurous guided activity.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Croatia:If youʻre booking your trip to Croatia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Zadar: Full Day Sailing Tour
- Pula: National Park Brijuni Dolphin Cruise with Dinner
- Zagreb: Skip-the-Ticket-Line Museum of Broken Relationships
- Sarajevo: Mostar, Konjic, Počitelj, Sufi House, & Waterfalls
- Split: Blue Cave, Vis & Hvar Full-Day Trip by Speedboat
- Connect with nature as you kayak down waterfalls and dive into clear waters
- Get all the necessary equipment and learn paddling techniques from a guide
- Make stops to jump from waterfalls, ranging from 1 meter to 8 meter in height
- Take a short picnic break, followed by swimming in the emerald green water
- Relax at the river base campground, safe and tucked away from busy roads
DescriptionBeyond the main tourist attractions, hidden in a rural area, between Rastoke village and Plitvice Lakes National Park is the Mreznica River. In the canyon, dense forest covers the area, surrounded by cliffs where you can reach the waterfalls only by kayak. The source of the river is only 12 km upstream from civilization but it brings clean drinkable water. Surrounded by untouched nature, the easy rapids and calm waterfalls put this river on the world map, marking it the most beautiful river in Europe. Its local name is actually “The waterfall playground”. During this activity, we make several stops which will give you the chance to jump off waterfalls from 1 meter high to 8 meters! For the less adventurous ones, you can swim behind the waterfalls, kayak over them, paddle behind them – the choice is yours. Somewhere halfway, we will make a short picnic break so we definitely recommend bringing sandwiches or snacks, followed by swimming in the emerald green water. What should You wear for the activity? Our guide and trip leader will provide you with all the necessary equipment required for the activity, giving you tips on how to paddle and work as a team to make your trip safe and enjoyable. We will provide you with a tandem sit-on-top inflatable kayak, paddles, buoyancy aid, and helmets. Depending on the time of the year, we provide neoprene wet shoes, neoprene long john wetsuit, and splash jacket for colder weather. We provide a waterproof container for the personal items you want to bring on the water (food, drinks, a camera, personal medicine…). Bring some extra dry clothes to change after the trip. In case you have your old sneakers or water shoes it would be great to bring them and if not, you will get them from us. It’s good to bring a bathing suit, a polyester t-shirt plus a towel because you will be wet at the end! At the finish, our shuttle driver will bring your dry clothes for you to change and transfer you back to the start point/base / parking for refreshments and some chilling with your fellow group participants.
IncludesGuide Parking Wetsuit Splash jacket Paddle Life jacket Helmet Waterproof barrel (20l) Tandem boat sit on top Facilities (toilets, changing rooms, terrace, local bar)
- Quick-dry synthetic fiber clothing and long-sleeves are recommended