My Guide Website?
Stari Grad: Private Old Town Historical Walking Tour2 Reviews
Visit the city of Stari grad and explore with a local guide on a day tour. Listen to local stories & legends of the oldest city on the Island of Hvar, and learn the city's history while exploring.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Croatia:If youʻre booking your trip to Croatia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Split: Blue Lagoon and 3 Islands Speeeboat Tour with Lunch
- From Split: Krka National Park, Skradin & Wine Tasting Tour
- From Dubrovnik: Private Full-Day Tour to Montenegro
- Zrmanja: 5-Hour Canoe or Kayak Trip in Kaštel Žegarski
- Zadar: Full-Day Sailing Trip to Kornati
- Visit the city of Stari grad with a professional local guide.
- Listen to local stories & legends of the oldest city on the Island of Hvar.
- Enjoying historical and cultural landmarks.
DescriptionStari Grad was originally named Faros. It literally means “Old Town” and is the oldest town on Hvar island. Old Town’s highlight is Tvrdalj, the poet Petar Hektorovic’s 16th century fortified castle with fish pond that reflects the poet’s love for fish and fishermen life. Stari Grad is a calm, quiet place with local flavor and spirit of the Mediterranean. UNESCO site, the ancient system of land division is still intact and crisscrossed by roads and paths perfect for exploring. Housed in a 19th-century neo-Renaissance palace, the Stari Grad Museum provides an excellent overview of Stari Grad's history. Stari Grad is one of the best places for all the history and culture lovers, but also an ideal place to spend your vacation in a quiet and relaxing atmosphere among the ancient walls and beautiful bays.
IncludesProfessional local guide 90 minutes walking tour
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Children must be accompanied by adults.