My Guide Website?
Split: 1.5-Hour Walking Tour and Diocletian's Palace247 Reviews
See the oldest Catholic cathedral in the world and wander the grounds of the ancient Diocletian's Palace on a guided walking tour of Split. Visit the site of the old fruit market, mingle with the locals and more.
- Visit the cellars of the Roman era Diocletian's Palace
- Mix with the locals and enjoy their Mediterranean lifestyle
- Discover a mix of architectural styles, from the Roman period to the 20th century
- See the oldest Catholic cathedral in the world
DescriptionExplore the old town of Split on a guided walking tour and marvel at the ancient Diocletian's Palace, built for the Roman Emperor Diocletian at the turn of the 4th century AD. Wander the maze of streets in the historical city center to discover a mix of architectural styles, from the last remaining Egyptian sphinx in the black granite Peristyle to more recent buildings from the 20th century. Experience the Mediterranean lifestyle of the locals and learn the history of the magical city as you stroll around the palace grounds from the South Gate to the cellars and main palace square. Admire the North Gate and West Gate, and discover the site of the old fruit market on Voćni Trg (Fruit Square). Go down to the Riva waterfront and get panoramic views of Marjan Hill from the promenade. See the oldest Catholic church in the world at the Cathedral of Saint Domnius, formed from an Imperial Roman mausoleum.
IncludesGuide for 1.5 to 2 hours
- • This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended