My Guide Website?
Krk: Biserujka Cave Entrance Ticket86 Reviews
Discover Biserujka Cave's wealth of magnificent geological formations and unique species of wildlife. Follow the trail with a guide and explore the network of halls.
- Marvel at magnificent rock formations such as calcareous sinters, stalagmites, and stalactites
- See bone fragments of a cave bear and discover species of wildlife unique to the cave
- Feel the refreshing coolness down in the cave's depths
DescriptionLocated on the island of Krk, north of the village of Rudine, the place consist of a stone house from which Enter a stone house and descend the concrete stairs leading to a depth of 6 meters below the entrance. Continue through a small hall called the Balcony and the partially carved passage called the Shaft, follow the narrowest part of the trail through the cave. Go down more concrete stairs into the Great Hall. Look up at the ceiling and the walls of the hall, which are rich in stunning stalactites and stalagmites. The bottom of the Great Hall is located 13 meters below the point of entry. Feel flowing air from a crevice at the end of the cave. See how the groove on the northern side of the Great Hall transforms into the Arched Hall, which constitutes its lowest part. Keep following the path into the final part of the cave, named the Cypress Hall. This hall has about 20 meters in length, 9 meters in width, and about 2.5 meters in height, and rises almost to the surface. Start to feel the temperature drop to 15°C and relative humidity of about 95% in the deeper part of Biserujka Cave, known as Vitezićeva Cave. Spot the six steno-endemic species of wildlife, including a species of pseudoscorpion that was discovered in the cave. Learn about how the cave became listed in the National Ecological Network to preserve the endemic species and habitats, karst caves and pits. Learn more about the barren and rocky area around Biserujka and discover its unique characteristics on a 30-minute Educational Trail.
IncludesEntrance ticket Guided tour
- You will be led through the cave by a guide
- Tours start every 30 minutes
- Last entrance to the cave is 30 minutes before closing time
- There is parking for a car or bus 50 meters away from the entrance to the cave. Parking is free of charge