My Guide Website?
From Zagreb: Varazdin Baroque Town & Trakoscan Castle11 Reviews
Discover the baroque gem Varaždin. Walk down the city’s streets with numerous palaces, villas and the oldest city hall in Europe. Your tour also includes a visit to the romantic Trakoscan Castle.
- Discover the baroque city of Varazdin on a walking tour with a licensed local guide
- Get enchanted with Trakoscan Castle
- Visit one of the most beautiful graveyards of Europe
DescriptionStart your day with a pick-up from your centrally located hotel or Park Zrinjevac. Hop-in an AC vehicle for a drive towards the baroque town of Varazdin. Your guide will share interesting stories on the way. Discover the baroque gem Varazdin with a local licensed guide. Visit one of the most beautiful graveyards of Europe. Go on a walking tour from the Old Town fortress to the city hall, cathedral and parish Church of St. Nicholas. After the tour, your will be given free time for your own activities. Drive to Trakoscan Castle. The fairy tale castle dates back to the late 13th century but was reconstructed in the 19th century in the Romantic spirit by the noble Draskovic family. In the castle, you will see a valuable collection of paintings, furniture and weapons. Return to Zagreb in the late afternoon hours.
IncludesTransport by air-conditioned vehicle Professional English-speaking guide Walking tour of Varazdin with licensed local guide Admission ticket to Trakoscan Castle Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Small group for a great experience (maximum 15 participants)
- A moderate amount of walking with some steep parts is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended