My Guide Website?
Split: Old Town and Diocletian Palace Walking Tour1715 Reviews
Discover the largest coastal town in Croatia on a walking tour of Split. Follow a local guide to the top sights like the Golden Gate, Diocletian's Palace, and the statue of Gregory of Nin.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Croatia:If youʻre booking your trip to Croatia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Split: Blue Lagoon and 3 Islands Speeeboat Tour with Lunch
- From Split: Krka National Park, Skradin & Wine Tasting Tour
- From Dubrovnik: Private Full-Day Tour to Montenegro
- Zrmanja: 5-Hour Canoe or Kayak Trip in Kaštel Žegarski
- Zadar: Full-Day Sailing Trip to Kornati
- Unlock the secrets of Split with a local guide
- See the remains of the impressive Diocletian Palace
- Walk along the Riva promenade
- Learn about the Bishopric of Gregory of Nin
- Travel through time as you explore 1,700 years of history
DescriptionTravel back in time on a guided walking tour of Split and explore 1,700 years of the city’s history, from the construction of the Diocletian Palace in 305 CE, to its place as Croatia's second largest city. Uncover sights like the Saint Domnius Cathedral along the way. Meet your guide at the Golden Gate of the Diocletian Palace and marvel at the remains of an ancient palace from the Roman Empire which now forms about half the Old Town of Split. Stop to view its open colonnades in the palace's central Peristyle square. Continue to the impressive Saint Domnius Cathedral, which is thought to be the oldest Catholic cathedral in the world that remains in use in its original form. Hear about the story of Gregory of Nin by his statue in Giardin Park. Stroll along the Riva promenade to admire views of Marjan Hill and the Adriatic Sea. Finish your tour where it began at the Golden Gate.
IncludesLocal tour guide Walking tour Wine tasting (if option selected) Food tasting (if option selected)
- This tour is appropriate for all ages