My Guide Website?
Rovinj: Guided Walking Tour68 Reviews
Discover how the city of Rovinj was born out of a historic coincidence on a guided walking tour of the historic Old Town. Explore the winding cobbled streets of the largest, best organized, and most populous town in medieval Istria.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Croatia:If youʻre booking your trip to Croatia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire the skyline of Rovinj with the blue waters of the Adriatic in the background
- Discover why there are no bridges at the Bridge Square
- Understand how thousands of locals lived together on a small island for centuries
- Explore the area around the old Jewish Ghetto, just off the Arch of the Bearded
- Find out where to drink coffee with the best view and where the best beach areas
DescriptionMeet your guide just outside the local farmers' market located in the lower town. Your guides will be a local person who was born in the city. Throughout the tour, they will present Rovinj in an authentic way and will be happy to answer all of your questions. Arrive at Valdibora Square, the first area people see when approaching Rovinj from the North. Find out exactly where the channel and respective bridge used to be. Discover how the channel was landfilled 1000 years ago, making Rovinj an island. Then, walk along Carera Street and get an idea of the wealth accumulated through trade in olive oil, fish, and wine in the 18th century. Stop at the waterfront, a must-see destination and the perfect spot for an Aperol Spritz. Navigate through the maze of cobbled streets towards the old Jewish Ghetto and stables area. Follow the ancient city walls to the top of the hill where the magnificent Saint Euphemia church watches over the city. End the tour here, the prime location to watch the best sunset in the Adriatic. By the end of the tour, know where locals buy their fruits and vegetables, where the best coffee is made, and where to find sublime cakes and gelato which will leave you breathless. Gain a local point of view on many topics - something that you won't be able to find in any guidebook.
IncludesLocal licensed and professional guide
- Half of the walking tour takes place in the historic old town where streets are covered by cobblestones; the walk up the church is fairly easy, however, people with limited mobility issues may find it challenging