My Guide Website?
From Slunj: Mrežnica Canyon Kayaking Tour110 Reviews
Get back to nature on a small group kayaking tour of the Mrežnica Canyon and paddle through a gorge so narrow and deep that the sun enters for only a few hours each day. Marvel at the steep white cliffs and cool down under the cascades of a waterfall.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Croatia:If youʻre booking your trip to Croatia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Kayak through the amazing Mrežnica Canyon
- Swim in a emerald waters
- Marvel at the unspoiled landscape
DescriptionMeet up in the small village of Primišlje on the Mrežnica River and get ready for your kayaking adventure as you listen to all the necessary safety instructions. Venture into the wilderness of the upper canyon between Primišlje and Tržič, considered the most beautiful part of the Mrežnica River and ideal for a thrilling kayaking adventure. Paddle your way through a deep and narrow gorge where the sun only enters for a few hours each day and marvel at the spectacular natural light show. Pass cliffs of white rocks and lush vegetation, discover cascading waterfalls, strong freshwater springs and pools of water that are great for swimming in the summer. Get some time to swim and jump at an 8-meter high waterfall before kayaking back to the meeting point in the early afternoon.
IncludesGuide Use of all necessary equipment Insurance
- A minimum of 4 people is required for the activity to take place
- You will kayak in groups of no more than 16 people. Larger groups can be accommodated on request
- The activity is available from April to November and lasts 3-4 hours • No previous kayaking experience is needed and children from 6 years old can take part if accompanied by their parents • The 2-person sit-on-top kayaks are easy and safe to navigate • You will get a life jacket, helmet and paddle, plus long neoprene suit and rain jacket in case of cold weather • Waterproof containers are available for personal items (camera, drinks, etc.) • Bring shorts or a bathing suit, a T-shirt, water shoes, a towel, spare clothes, sunscreen and water
- Bring your own picnic • Bring a long-sleeved shirt in the event of cold weather
- In the unlikely event of extreme weather conditions, the local operator will re-schedule the activity for the next day or day after day if possible