The Best of Hvar in 1-Day with Local Dinner1 Reviews
Enjoy this amazing day tour encompassing scenic views and visits to Stari Grad and Vrbovska towns. Take part in wine-tasting in Jelsa or Vrboska, see lavender fields and enjoy an authentic Dalmatian dinner in an abandoned village or an olive grove.
- Join this small-group tour encompassing scenic views
- See the oldest town, Stari Grad, in Croatia
- Taste one of the best wines in Croatia
- Enjoy a 3-course traditional Dalmatian lunch or dinner in Konoba
DescriptionOnce you have been picked up from Hvar, this small-group tour begins at the French Fortress built by Napoleon’s troops, on St. Nicholas Hill, the Spanish Fortress, Pakleni and Vis islands. Continue driving through the green island of Hvar, passing through Brusje, where you'll be able to walk through the Lavender fields, (seasonal options June - July). Arrive at the port of Stari Grad, where the old roads are paved with amazing views. Then you'll approach the fascinating town of Stari Grad, once known as Pharia and Pharos, the Island’s capital. Continuing through the stone streets along the new Riva, and visit the fortress “Tvrdalj”, once belonging to the poet Petar Hektorović. He is known for his work named, “Fishing and talk with fisherman, and is the first realistic poem in Croatian literature. Hektorović dedicated all his life to his fortress, and still boasts the original fish pond. He always wrote: “I must go back there, for it is calling me home”. Continue through the well known UNESCO protected areas (vineyards and olives), to a small charming town Vrbovska, also called “Little Venice”. This town in Hvar is named after the many small stone bridges connecting the town over its narrow winding canal and the splendid St. Mary of Mercy fortress - church. Your next stop is for a wine tasting at one of the best vineyards on the island (either Tomić or Carić vinery). Here you will have a guided wine tasting tour at one of the best wineries on the island. On the way back, you will enjoy the charming authentic Dalmatian lunch/dinner in an abandoned village or in an Olive grove.
IncludesDriver Licensed Guide Museum entrance fee Wine Tasting Bottled water 3-course local dinner Gratuities (optional)
- Please state any food allergies
- Minimum number of 2 persons per tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers(minimum of 2 people)to meet requirements. If this should happen, the best efforts will be made to offer an alternative tour. If this is not possible, the tour will be cancelled and the client will receive a full refund
- Menu Appetizer: Local cheese and smoked ham with island extra virgin olive oil, marinated fish
- Main Course Peka - traditional meal with lamb or mixed lamb and veal under the iron bell covered with the ash (octopus on request)
- Dessert Simple traditional desert with almonds Beverage: Local wine, water, grappa - local brandy made by the host
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability