My Guide Website?
Split: Roman Ruins Sightseeing Self-Guided Audio Tour9 Reviews
Dig up the stories of Split's glorious Roman ruins on this self-guided smartphone audio tour. Experience the magic of GPS playback as you stroll through the stunning city and uncover its rich history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Croatia:If youʻre booking your trip to Croatia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Listen to tales of Split’s ancient history while winding through the city's core
- Hear from the producer, Ivica Profaca a licensed guide in English for Split-Dalm
- Do it all in an hour or linger at stops along the way
- Get unlimited use before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionWelcome to Split. At its ancient heart is Diocletian's Palace, which is 1,700 years old. It’s on UNESCO’s World Heritage List too, along with the rest of the city’s historical centre. Our tour starts with a bird’s eye view of this old town, at a scale model of it on the Riva Promenade. From there, we’ll visit the cellars of Diocletian's Palace, the imperial residence, the palace’s central square, which is called the Peristyle. We’ll then whirl forward in time after that, making our way into the northern part of the palace compound with its medieval buildings, including the Jewish Ghetto. From there, we’ll take a walk through Split’s historical centre that’ll lead us onto the Riva Promenade again. The tour ends at the elegant Prokurative and Fruit squares, after a leisurely stroll along the city’s French-style boulevards and discover. While you walk, you’ll be regaled with tales of Split’s ancient history as well as the unique jigsaw of architecture and culture you find here today. I’ll also point out some of the locations where Game of Thrones was filmed. Join me, an experienced and licensed local tour guide, as we step back in time and uncover all that Split has to offer. By the end of the tour, I hope you’ll consider this your definitive Split experience. Please note that this tour does not require you to enter any of the ticketed venues along the way.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English