My Guide Website?
Split: Diocletian's Palace and Old Town Private Walking Tour7 Reviews
Enjoy a private walking tour of the Diocletian's Palace and the old town of Split with a guide. See the Venetian palaces, town hall, Temple of Jupiter, and other iconic sites.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Croatia:If youʻre booking your trip to Croatia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Be transported back to the Roman era as you stroll through Diocletian's Palace.
- The cellars of Diocletian's Palace give you an impression of its former splendor
- Admire Split Cathedral, once the mausoleum of Diocletian.
- Step into the ancient temple of Jupiter and admire the coffered ceiling.
- Look at the Venetian palaces on Pjaca another center of the old town of Split.
DescriptionWe start our tour on the promenade 'Riva', more precisely at the bronze model of the city of Split. From there we go to the south gate of Dokletian's Palace and further to the palace cellars. Admission to the cellar rooms is 7 € per adult. Then we climb some steps up to the Perystile. At the Peristyle, Emperor Diocletian presented himself as the son of Jupiter and was worshipped by his subjects. Originally intended as the final resting place of Emperor Diocletian, Split Cathedral was transformed into a majestic place of worship during the Christianization. Another sacred place in Diocletian's time was the temple of Jupiter. Step into the ancient temple of Jupiter and admire the remarkable coffered ceiling. The admission fee for the Cathedral and the Temple of Jupiter is 8 € for adults. Narodni trg, also known as Pjaca, has been the heart of Split since the Middle Ages and continues to be a bustling center of activity today. Surrounded by charming old Venetian palaces, it's home to the city's historic town hall. We end our tour in the beautiful Prokurative, a square reminiscent of St. Mark's Square in Venice. The square is lined with numerous cafes and restaurants, making it the perfect place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere of Split.
IncludesIndividually customizable The tour is designed for a group of maximum 6 participants
- It may happen that some sights cannot be visited due to events or church services. Please understand that in this case we have to slightly change our program. The site is partially not wheelchair accessible, but the tour can be adapted to the special needs of the participants. Please inform us in advance.