My Guide Website?
Private Split Walking Tour - from Split
Split is well known for its archaeological, historical and cultural monuments- the most famous one being the Palace of the roman emperor Diocletian - a UNESCO World Heritage listed site.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Croatia:If youʻre booking your trip to Croatia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Zadar: Full Day Sailing Tour
- Pula: National Park Brijuni Dolphin Cruise with Dinner
- Zagreb: Skip-the-Ticket-Line Museum of Broken Relationships
- Sarajevo: Mostar, Konjic, Počitelj, Sufi House, & Waterfalls
- Split: Blue Cave, Vis & Hvar Full-Day Trip by Speedboat
- Visit the Unesco World Heritage-listed Diocletian Palace from 4th century
- Visit Diocletian Mausoleum and the Baptistery - former Temple of Jupiter
- Walk inside ancient Cellars, Peristyle and have historical overview
DescriptionSplit is well-known for its archaeological, historical and cultural monuments - the most famous one being the palace of the Roman emperor Diocletian - a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site. Meet your guide and take a walk through the 4th-century Diocletian’s Palace and see the ancient Cellars, Peristyle, the Golden and Silver gates, the oldest Cathedral in Europe - formally the Diocletian’s Mausoleum, and the Baptistery - the former Temple of Jupiter. Our guide will give you a local’s insight on today’s way of living in this town as well as the historical overview. Enjoy some free time after the tour to explore more of the Palace.
- Meeting point is at the entrance to the Diocletian's Palace cellars. The cellar entrance is located outside of the Diocletian Palace, facing the waterfront (southern side). The address is Obala Hrvatskog narodnog preporoda 22, near the bronze relief model of the city of Split.