My Guide Website?
Hvar Wine Tour + Dalmatian Dinner1 Reviews
This small-group wine tour begins in Hvar town with a drive to the other side of the island to the most important wine region. Strong wind and sun are ideal conditions for quality wine.
- Small group tour from Hvar town on the other side of the island's wine region
- Taste wine in two different vineries
- Enjoy a traditional Dalmatian dinner
DescriptionThe ancient Greeks and Romans were already growing grapes and producing wine on Hvar in 300 BC. This gave them safety, food and medicinal wealth. Vineyards are all over the island. Strong wind and sun are ideal conditions for producing the best quality wine. The wine tour begins in Hvar town with a drive to the other side of the island to the island's most important wine region. Further on, you'll visit two of the most famous Croatian winemakers. The wine tour includes wine tastings in two wineries of your choice (depending on availability). Situated in Jelsa, you will have a chance to taste what it’s like to try ”2718 hours in the bottle”. Young and ambitious ”wine newcomers” without vineyards or with very small land plots. Their feeling belief is that basing wine production on grapes purchased from other farmers can’t possibly be as good as coming from your own vineyard. Here in Croatia, Dubokovic wines have become a ”must have” in the finest restaurants, hotels and specialized wine shops. Dubokovic – Medvid wines now have the distinction of being the most expensive regular vintage wines in the country. Situated in Vrboska, the Carić family have been involved with vineyards for as long as they remember, however it was not before Vino Hvar was established that they started producing their own wines, “Carič wines”. They have 5-hectares of vineyards in a specially designated wine growing area known as “Vinogorje Hvar.” Their wines have an individual story from the vineyard to the winery. Boutique winery Ventus opened its doors in the village of Vrisnik in 2019, which was the joint idea of two friends. The logo is inspired by the wind rose and each wine have the name of the wind that is characteristic of the location of the vineyard. Wind (lat. ventus) is the key word, and wine is ecological. After the wineries, you will enjoy a spectacular traditional Dalmatian dinner in one of the charming villages.
IncludesDriver 2 x wine tasting Dinner
- Please let us know about any allergies
- Minimum number of 2 persons per tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. If this should happen, best efforts will be made to offer an alternative tour. If this is not possible, the tour will be cancelled and the client will receive a full refund
- Menu: Appetizer: Local cheese and smoked ham with island extra virgin olive oil, marinated fish. Main Course: Peka - traditional meal with lamb or mixed lamb and veal under the iron bell covered with the ash (octopus on request). Dessert: Simple traditional desert with almonds Beverage: Local wine, water, grappa - local brandy made by the host.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€240.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today