My Guide Website?
From Split or Trogir: Plitvice Lakes Full-Day Guided Tour47 Reviews
Discover the beauty of Plitvice Lakes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, considered one of the most spectacular natural phenomena in this part of Europe. Travel from Split or Trogir on a day tour and explore the park by boat, electric train, and on foot.
- Discover this UNESCO World Heritage Site with an expert guide
- Learn about conservation of waterways and native plants and animals in Croatia
- Take home memories of the amazing landscapes of Plitvice Lakes
- Enjoy a fantastic day away from the hustle and bustle of Croatia’s cities
DescriptionTravel from Split or Trogir on this full-day (12-hour) tour to the most beautiful natural park in Europe, protected by UNESCO since 1979 as a World Natural Heritage Site. Plitvice Lakes National Park was founded in 1949, making it one of the oldest national parks in southeastern Europe. In Plitvice National Park, nature has created 16 lakes and connected them by amazing travertine waterfalls. The park covers 29,685 hectares, with lakes making up 200 hectares and forest covering the majority of the area. During your visit you may encounter a variety of the species that have lived in the area since before the time of human arrival. One of the main attractions is the 78-meter-high waterfall known as Veliki Slap, which is the highest waterfall in Croatia. In addition to the guided walks along wooden paths, you’ll enjoy a boat ride across the biggest lake, and also a short train ride. Admire even more stunning scenery on a relaxing drive through the Lika region, taking in the mountain and forest landscapes.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (from select hotels only) Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Professional guide in Plitvice (only on a group tour) Panoramic boat ride Electric train ride Bottle of water Insurance VAT
- National Park fees (must be paid in cash, HRK, upon arrival at the park)
- Adult ticket price: April, May, and October 160 HRK, June to September 200 HRK
- Student ticket price: April, May, and October 100 HRK, June to September 125 HRK; a valid student card must be presented to obtain the discounted price
- Children 7-17 years ticket price: April, May, and October 45 HRK, June to September 70 HRK
- Children 0-6 years ticket price: free of charge
- A tour guide is not included in the private tour