My Guide Website?
Dubrovnik: Walls and Wars Walking Tour248 Reviews
Learn how the fortifications protected the prosperous city of Dubrovnik from its powerful enemies for centuries on this walking tour of its city walls and historic heart.
- Hear mesmerizing stories that make up over 1,400 years of Dubrovnik’s history
- Explore the city walls with a guide licensed by the Croatian Ministry of Tourism
- Soak in amazing stories about important historical landmarks
- Take in panoramic views of the city from one of the best preserved city walls
- Learn how the fortifications protected Dubrovnik from its enemies for centuries
DescriptionFor centuries, the prosperous port city of Dubrovnik was protected both by the diplomatic skill of its leaders and the walls and fortifications surrounding it. Facing constant threats from powerful enemies, the leaders and the defensive city walls held firm. This historic 2-hour walking tour will focus on the defensive and political challenges Dubrovnik faced, and its struggle to survive as a small independent republic. A local guide will bring you to the top of Dubrovnik’s fortifications and lead you around the mesmerizing city walls. Take in breathtaking views of Dubrovnik’s port and Old Town, and visit landmarks vital to the political and defensive history of the city. Your guide will reveal why places like the Revelin Fortress, Minceta Tower, and Lovrijenac Fortress were essential structures in the protection of Dubrovnik’s people and prosperity. This tour is a highlight of any visit to Dubrovnik and will give you a thorough background on the essential role Dubrovnik played in the civilized world’s history. After this tour, you will understand why was Dubrovnik was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1979. Please note that because of the stairs, this tour is not suitable for everyone.
IncludesGuided walk conducted by a professional local tourist guide, licensed by the Croatian Ministry of Tourism
- The city walls entry tickets are obligatory for all visitors and the price is subject to change. In 2022, it is 250 Kn per adult and 100 Kn per child aged 5 to 18. If you have Dubrovnik Card, then you don't need to buy an entrance ticket